Who doesn't love a festive mojito? This one isn't just holiday party ready but it's also delicious! I modified a traditional recipe by cutting the sugar content in half. I was very pleased and excited with this less sugary version. The muddled mint and lime juice add a refreshing twist to the cranberry syrup. If you prefer your drinks on the sweeter side then you'll most likely use the entire serving of the prepared cranberry syrup. Otherwise, if you like it less sweet, top the mojito off with more club soda.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 8 oz. fresh cranberries
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 c water
- 20 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 oz. rum
- 4-6 oz. club soda
1. Place cranberries, sugar, and water in a medium saucepan. Boil then simmer over medium heat.
2. Lower the heat to medium-low and continue to cook for about 5 minutes, before berries start bursting.
3. Remove from heat. Once the berry mixture has cooled, strain and refrigerate until needed.
4. Put about 10 leaves of mint and a tablespoon of lime juice in each glass. Using the back of a wooden spoon, muddle the mint and lime juice.
5. Place ice in each glass and pour 2 oz. of the cranberry syrup and 2 oz. rum into each glass.
6. Top with club soda and garnish with fresh cranberries.
~Cheers and enjoy!