By following these easy tips and doing a little investigating, eating while traveling will be well balanced and nutritious.
- Pack your suitcase, carry-on, purse, or cooler, with a few of your favorite snacks.
- Find out if there are any delicatessens or restaurants nearby that offer healthy items.
- If you plan on staying for more than a day or two, try to locate a whole foods market or grocery store for fresh produce, salads, and whole grain breads.
- Avoid impulse buying of high fat convenience foods by planning your meals and snacks for the next day.
- Stay hydrated by drinking water, low-fat milk, or tea instead of soft drinks.
- Always make time for exercise.