It’s that time of year when the weather is warmer and we’re eager to Spring clean our car, house or backyard. What about our bodies? We often put our body last on the Spring clean up list. I’ve gathered 5 of the most popular tips that have helped my clients reach their “healthy living” goals. They will Spring you out of hibernation and boost your motivation to live a healthier life!
1. Eat Real. Consume as many foods that are nourishing, simple, and unprocessed. Fruits and vegetables are filled with detoxifying vitamins and minerals. Fill your plate up with “real food.”
2. Move Your Body. Sweat the toxins out! Whether it’s 20 minutes in the morning and another 10 minutes in the evening, make time for at least 30-60 minutes of physical activity per day. Those that exercise tend to make healthier food choices and get better sleep.
3. Flush the toxins out. Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Water helps the body burn fat, build muscle, and suppress the appetite. Every cell in our body needs water. Keep cells hydrated and working efficiently in order to avoid headaches and fatigue.
4. Be a Mindful Eater. Consume meals and snacks sitting at a table without distractions. It’s important to be aware of what and how much we’re eating. Mindless eating usually happens in front of a computer, while driving, or talking on the phone. This results in many unwanted calories from overeating. Enjoy your meals by making a mind and body connection.
5. Clean up the Clutter. Decluttering our lives improves our overall health and well being. Excess clutter gets in the way of being productive. It’s also a sign of stress. Simply cleaning out your refridgerator or organizing a closet will decrease your stress level and increase your motivation to make healthier choices.