How to make Easy Baked Lasagna
I call this 2 for 1 baked lasagna, because I always make an extra batch to have on those “there’s nothing to make for dinner nights.” This recipe freezes well for up to 3 months and can be thawed and reheated on the busiest of days, especially holidays. It’s layers of savory protein make this a satisfying one-dish meal. Our Easy Baked Lasagna is lower in fat and sodium than traditional recipes, yet it doesn’t lack flavor. I hope you enjoy it as much as our family does!
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin oil
- 1 lb sweet Italian pork sausage (or turkey sausage), ground
- 32 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 c Pecorino Romano and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (24 oz) jar tomato basil sauce
- 1 lb lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped, garnish
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat (approx. 2 minutes).
- Add sausage and cook on low to medium heat until sausage is no longer pink.
- Drain sausage on a plate lined with paper towel and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, eggs, Italian cheese, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Then, add sausage and combine evenly.
- Heat oven to 375°F and lightly coat the inside of a 9 x 13 baking pan with olive oil.
- To start, add a thin layer of sauce in the baking dish. Then layer noodles, ricotta mixture, and sauce. For the fourth and final layer of noodles spread the remaining sauce and top with mozzarella and basil.
- Bake for 40 minutes on a low rack.
- Allow to rest or set for 15-20 minutes before serving.