How to make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Bread
We’re big fans of all things pumpkin, especially during the fall. Pumpkin bread is something we always look forward to every year. So, we decided, why not create our very own recipe that’s not only delicious but also packed with nutritional benefits? That’s exactly what we did! Our autumn recipe includes chia seeds, yogurt, flax meal, and, of course, pumpkin. Together, they bring ample protein, fiber, and essential nutrients like vitamins A, E, and K, along with copper and iron. There are also eggs in our fall treat that help boost the protein content. The result is a bread with such a dense, pie-like consistency that we’ve lovingly dubbed it ‘Pumpkin Pie Bread.’ Enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 1 (5.3 oz) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 c pure pumpkin
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour (gluten-free optional)
- 1 c dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp flax meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees and line a 9 x 5-inch pan with parchment paper. If you use a different size pan baking time will vary.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the eggs, yogurt, vanilla, and pumpkin.
- Add the flour and combine evenly.
- Then add the remaining ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and mix together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter in baking pan and top with more chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes and allow to cool completely.