How to make Decadent Dark Chocolate No-Bakes
Need a guilt-free chocolate fix? We’ve got you covered.
Our 100% dark chocolate no-bakes will satisfy your sweet tooth while protecting your heart and brain health. Polyphenols are antioxidants found in cocoa. They prevent cell-damaging free radicals from breaking down healthy disease-fighting cells. These decadent no-bakes also contain a powerful punch of heart-healthy omega-3’s and fiber thanks to the flax meal and chia seeds. Toss one in your gym bag for a post-workout snack or make a batch for a family movie night.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 c coconut sugar
- 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder (100% cocoa)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 c peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 2 1/4 c oats, gluten-free old fashioned
- 2 tablespoons cocoa nibs
- 1 teaspoon flax meal
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Then, add sugar, almond milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, and sea salt. Mix well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and remove from heat.
- Fold in the peanut butter, oats, cocoa nibs, flax meal, and chia seeds.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Use a small cookie scoop to form the no-bakes.
- Allow the no-bakes to cool completely before placing them in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.