How to make Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts
Brussels Sprouts are naturally high in gut-healthy fiber, but they also contain a megadose of collagen promoting vitamin C and bone protecting vitamin K. This nutty-tasting cruciferous vegetable complements just about any meal. The pure maple syrup adds a sweet caramelized flavor to each crispy bite. Serve our Maple Glazed Brussels with your favorite heart-healthy protein like salmon, chicken, or turkey breast, and a side of whole grain quinoa for a balanced nutrient-dense meal.
6-8 / 4 ounce per serving
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (divided)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice Brussels sprouts in half or if large in thirds (discard bottom stems) and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil, 1 T maple syrup, honey, and seasonings. Toss until evenly coated.
- Bake on middle rack for 40 minutes-tossing every 10 minutes to prevent over-browning.
- Remove from oven and place in a serving bowl. Top with 1 tablespoon of syrup and add salt if more is desired.