How to make Shredded Pulled Pork Tacos
This is an easy fix-it and forget-it recipe. Just a few ingredients are needed to make these flavorful tacos in your slow cooker. What makes this recipe extra special is that your children help build the tacos. Encouraging them to cook with you at home will increase their chances of becoming healthy adults. Enjoy these protein and fiber-packed tacos and save any leftovers for lunch the next day.
8 tacos servings
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup teriyaki marinade
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (divided)
- 1-(8 count) package, 6-inch tortilla shells
- 2 cup coleslaw
- 3/4 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Place the pork in the slow cooker. Pour the teriyaki marinade and half the barbecue sauce over the pork. Cover and set the temperature on high for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, turn the temperature to low. Allow the pork to cook for another 3 hours.
- Pull the pork apart using 2 forks.
- Season with cumin, salt, and pepper.
- To serve, layer the shredded pork, coleslaw, barbecue sauce, and cheese on the tortillas. Garnish with cilantro.
- If you don't have or like teriyaki feel free to use more barbecue sauce. We often modify and substitute with whatever we have in stock. It's fun to experiment with flavors.