How to make True Veggie Soup
True veggie soup with all-natural ingredients is being served just for you! It’s perfect just the way it is, but if you’d like to use it as a base for homemade chicken noodle or wedding soup, go for it! We have tried it with tofu, chicken, and mini-meatballs. All are delicious add-ins. One serving is loaded with a powerful dose of vitamins A, B, C, E, and K. It’s also going to provide you with heart-healthy fiber, iron, potassium, and calcium. Wholesome foods like vegetables in their most natural state are truly the best form of medicine.
8 servings / 8 ounces
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 2 ½ teaspoons coarse salt, ground, or salt to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 c parsley, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- *Add-in protein options: tofu, eggs, chicken or mini-meatballs
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on low heat.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Sauté until tender-approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add water and continue to cook (covered) on low heat for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add parsley, beans, and spinach; cook (covered) on low heat for another 30 minutes.
- Season with garlic powder, onion powder, and ground turmeric.
- Reduce heat to a low-medium simmer (covered) and stir occasionally for 2 hours.
- Ladle into soup bowls and enjoy!