How to make True Veggie Soup
True veggie soup with real ingredients is now being served just for you! It’s perfect just the way it is, but if you’d like to use it as a base for homemade chicken noodle or wedding soup, go for it! We have tried it with tofu, chicken, and mini-meatballs. All are delicious protein add-ins. One serving is loaded with a powerful dose of vitamins A, B, C, E, and K. It’s also going to provide you with heart-healthy fiber, iron, potassium, and calcium. Wholesome foods like vegetables in their most natural state are truly the best form of medicine.
8 servings / 8 ounces
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons salt or salt to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 9 cups water
- 1/2 c parsley, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- *Add-in protein options: tofu, eggs, chicken or mini-meatballs
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on low heat.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Sauté until tender-approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add water and continue to cook (covered) on low heat for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add parsley, beans, and spinach; cook (covered) on low heat for another 30 minutes.
- Season with garlic powder, onion powder, and ground turmeric.
- Reduce heat to a low-medium simmer (covered) and stir occasionally for 2 hours.
- Taste and add more salt or pepper if needed.
- Ladle into soup bowls and enjoy!