How to make Simply Delicious Turkey Meatloaf
Meatloaf has been on our winter dinner rotation for years. It’s a lot easier to make than it looks and our heart-healthy turkey meatloaf is a good alternative to beef. Even though I don’t think ‘perfect’ exists, if it did, this is pretty darn close. We like to pair our turkey meatloaf with mashed red-skinned potatoes and roasted Maple Brussels Sprouts. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs ground turkey or meat of your choice
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 c Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 c Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, ground
- 1 teaspoon pepper, ground
- Set oven temp to 375°F. Line a 9" x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place ground turkey in a medium size mixing bowl. Then add remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Place meat in loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes until internal temperature reads 150°F.
- Allow the meatloaf to rest for 20 minutes (covered) before serving.