How to make Veggie Lovers Pizza
Pizza is definitely a family favorite. I love that the whole family can be involved in making this recipe. Our daughters like to slice, and our son loves to build. The vegetables piled on top add a nutritious addition to a well-known comfort food. Eating 1-2 slices of pie that’s covered in nutrient-dense ingredients will satisfy your hunger much faster than 4-6 slices of traditional pizza that doesn’t offer you much nutrition value. Also, keep in mind, the thinner the crust, the thinner your waistline!
1 pizza / 2 slices per serving
- 1 small thin crust multigrain or gluten-free pizza crust
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/4 c sun dried tomatoes, Julienne cut
- 1/2 c yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c spinach, chopped
- 1/2 c fresh mozzarella or dairy-free cheese
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Lightly coat pizza crust with olive oil.
- Use remaining olive oil for sautéing the garlic and vegetables (except for spinach) on low-medium heat.
- When vegetables are tender add spinach. Continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and mozzarella to crust.
- Bake 7-10 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.