How to make Veggie Lovers Pizza
Pizza is definitely a family favorite. I love that the whole family can be involved in making this recipe. Our daughters like to slice, and our son loves to build. The vegetables piled on top add a nutritious twist to this otherwise calorie-dense comfort food and the multigrain crust is also a good source of fiber. Eating a slice of pie that is covered in nutrient-dense ingredients will help satisfy your hunger and keep you from overindulging. Also, keep in mind, the thinner the crust, the thinner your waistline!
1-2 servings / 1 pizza per serving
- 1 small multigrain or gluten-free pizza crust (approx. 7 inches)
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 c zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 c yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c spinach, chopped
- 1/4 c fresh mozzarella or dairy-free cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Lightly coat pizza crust with olive oil.
- Use remaining olive oil for sautéing the garlic and vegetables (except for spinach) on low-medium heat.
- When vegetables are tender add spinach. Continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and mozzarella to crust.
- Bake until crust is golden and cheese is melted.