How to make Baked Turkey Meatballs
Our slimmed-down version of Italian meatballs is a tasty crowd-pleaser any night of the week. Ground turkey is a heart-healthy alternative to beef. Fresh basil, onion, and garlic are essential ingredients for this old-world favorite. They add layers of flavor to this easy to make recipe. Serve these protein-packed meatballs over whole-grain pasta or in sub rolls. If you happen to have any meatballs leftover, freeze and reheat them for a quick weeknight dinner.
28 / 2 meatballs per serving
- 2 lb. ground turkey
- 1/3 c Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 c onion, chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine turkey, breadcrumbs, eggs, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- In a food processor, blend together onion, garlic, and basil. Mix well into the ground turkey.
- Use a medium size scoop to form the meatballs. Place them evenly onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature of meatballs has reached 165ºF.
- Garnish with basil and cheese. Enjoy!