How to make Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Everything you’ve ever wished for in a chocolate chip cookie is in these tasty bites! I initially created this nut-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free cookie recipe with my children in mind, but when I decided to use chia eggs instead of real eggs, I realized it’s also perfect for my vegan friends. The chia eggs are super easy to whisk up and their gel-like consistency adds a chewy texture every good cookie needs. Chia seeds provide a healthful amount of fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and a little plant protein. Quinoa flour is also a great source of nutrition. This gluten-free flour contains iron, protein, and fiber, which helps pack these cookies with satisfying nutrients. Enjoy these chocolaty bites for breakfast or at snack time. If you make them, let me know! I’d love to hear what you think.
30-32 cookies / 2 cookies per serving
- 2 chia eggs (2 Tbs chia seeds mixed w/ 4 Tbs water)
- 1 ¼ c quinoa flour
- 3/4 c light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 c applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon, pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 c vegan mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, make the chia eggs (whisk until gel is formed), set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Add wet ingredients (chia eggs, applesauce, and vanilla) to the dry ingredients. Combine together. Be careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the cookie dough bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a mini scooper to place the dough on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely.
- Serve with milk, tea, or coffee-enjoy!