How to make Easy Chicken Parm
When the family craves Chicken Parmesan, turn to our go-to recipe. As long as you have all the ingredients, it’s a quick and easy meal to whip up. Once the chicken is prepped for the oven, you’ll have plenty of time to set the table and cook the pasta. It’s a savory chicken and pasta dish, satisfying even the pickiest eaters. Serve over pasta or with your favorite greens.
- 6 chicken breasts
- salt, to preference
- pepper, to preference
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 c bread crumbs
- 1 (24 oz) jar tomato basil sauce
- 6 slices Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb rigatoni
- 6 fresh basil leaves, garnish
- dried basil, garnish
- Set oven temp to 375°F.
- Spray baking dish with nonstick spray. You may need to use 2 baking dishes or 1 large sheet pan.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Pour a light layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Whisk eggs together in a shallow dish.
- Pour breadcrumbs in a shallow dish or plate.
- Warm olive in fry pan over low to medium heat.
- Line up the egg and breadcrumb dishes close to the fry pan.
- Coat each side of the chicken breasts in the egg and breadcrumbs before placing them in the fry pan.
- Cook each side of the chicken breasts for 2 minutes. You might need to add more olive oil during the cooking process.
- Add the chicken to the baking dish.
- Layer with sauce, cheese, and more sauce.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken breasts are 165°F.
- Garnish with basil and serve!