How to make Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Our Chicken Pot Pie recipe is super easy! The main ingredients are rotisserie chicken, frozen vegetables, and pie crust. You can do this! It’s a delicious meal for your family during a busy workweek or for house guests. It’s hearty and savory, which makes this one of our favorite comfort food dishes. You can also make this recipe ahead of time. It will stay fresh for up to three days in the refrigerator. It’s a dish you can easily create a variety of ways using other protein options, vegetables, and spices. If you love leftovers or have a larger family like ours, double the recipe!
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 c yellow onion, chopped
- 1 c frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1/2 c milk
- 2 c cooked rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1 pie crust (or 2 for a bottom crust)
- Set oven temperature to 400°F.
- Coat pie plate with olive oil. If using 2 crusts, place bottom crust in pie plate.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add butter and stir until melted.
- Add the onions, peas, and carrots. Stirring often until tender (8-10 minutes). Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add flour, coating vegetables evenly. Slowly add broth, then milk. Bring to a simmer and stir continuously to avoid clumps (2-3 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Add chicken and combine evenly.
- Pour chicken and vegetables into pie plate. Cover with pie crust and remove extra dough from edges.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.