How to make No Mayo Tuna Salad
We’ve replaced mayo with a healthier alternative for your tuna salad! Hummus offers a little more protein and a lot less fat to a traditional tuna salad recipe. Any preferred flavor of hummus will provide the same creamy consistency as mayo. We toss in sliced almonds for additional protein and crunch as well as cranberries for some sweet chewiness. Feel free to season with your favorite spices. We couldn’t miss the opportunity to add turmeric, which is known for its powerful punch of antioxidants and anti-inflammatories. Serve on whole grain bread and a bed of greens for a well-balanced meal or enjoy as a snack with whole grain crackers and veggies.
- 2.6 oz packet Tuna in Water
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Dill Hummus
- 1 Tablespoon dried cranberries and sliced honey almonds mix
- ½ teaspoon everything but the bagel sesame seasoning blend
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ ground mustard
- sweet pickles, garnish
- Remove tuna from packet and place in bowl.
- Add hummus and seasonings.
- Mix together evenly.
- Serve on whole grain bread and a bed of greens for a well-balanced meal or as a snack with whole grain crackers and veggies.
- Garnish with sweet pickles and enjoy!