How to make Oven Roasted Chickpeas
We usually eat chickpeas mashed into a flavorful hummus, but since we’ve been homebound lately, we have had more time for homemade snacks. We tossed these pulses (legumes with edible seeds) in olive oil and a few of our favorite spices and roasted them into one satisfying tasty snack. Chickpeas (garbanzo beans) are a great source of nutrients like fiber, protein, B-vitamins, calcium, and iron. These fiber-filled peas may help stabilize blood sugar and cholesterol levels-promoting optimal heart health. The iron and calcium content found in chickpeas is essential for keeping your bones strong; B-vitamins can help increase energy stores. Chickpeas have a creamy texture and slightly nutty flavor that pair well with just about any seasoning. Enjoy these powerhouse peas as a snack, side dish, or add them to a salad!
- 2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dried basil, to taste
- Set oven temp to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse chickpeas and drain.
- Place chickpeas on lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil; sprinkle salt, pepper, turmeric, chili, onion, and garlic powder.
- Roast for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Taste and add more seasonings if desired.
- Garnish with dried basil and serve.