How to make Pumpkin Chocolate Oat Cookies
After experimenting with 5 different pumpkin recipes, I found the right combination. My toughest critics finally devoured these tasty treats. The difficulty was getting just the right amount of pumpkin flavor and sweetness in one bite. These cookies have the perfect blend of moist and chewy. Pumpkin is packed with immune-boosting vitamin A and gut-healthy fiber. The flax meal and chia seeds add heart and brain-healthy omega-3s, protein, and antioxidants. When they’re combined with oats, they add an abundance of fiber that makes them deliciously filling. Enjoy them for breakfast or as a snack.
32 / 2 cookies per serving
- 2 c gluten-free oat flour
- 1 ½ c gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 c light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flax meal
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 c pure pumpkin
- ½ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 c mini chocolate chips (dark chocolate chips optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set the chocolate chips aside.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and mix evenly.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a medium scooper to place cookie dough on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.