How to make Apple Maple Sausage Egg Bake
Indulge in the joy of hosting hungry guests with a hassle-free breakfast! Our Sausage Egg Bake serves layers of savory goodness with a touch of maple sweetness and a refreshing burst of fresh dill. This protein-packed dish is not only easy to prepare but can also be made in advance, saving you time on game days or during the holidays.
- 2 (7.5 oz) packages apple maple chicken sausage
- 1 (1 lb) bag potatoes O'Brien with onions and peppers, thawed
- 16 eggs
- 1/3 c milk
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 c cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 T dill, chopped
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Remove casing from sausage.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until each side is golden brown. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add milk, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Whisk together.
- Place potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Add the sausage and sprinkle with cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over top of potatoes.
- Garnish with dill.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a knife placed in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve warm with a side of hot sauce or maple syrup!