How to make Savory Spinach and Feta Quiche
The best thing about quiche is that you can serve it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. When I first made this recipe, I only had an hour to spare and it turned out to be a savory holiday hit. This quiche is filled with protein and fiber, which helps satisfy the hungriest of appetites. If you have other vegetables feel free to substitute those for the same amounts listed below. The eggs and spinach are great sources of B vitamins and iron. Eggs are also bursting with vitamin D, zinc and copper. Spinach is a green leafy powerhouse. It’s packed with calcium, folic acid, potassium, and vitamins C and K. All you need are eggs and a few wholesome ingredients to create a nutritious one-dish meal that your guests will think you spent hours cooking in the kitchen.
- 1 pie crust
- 1 c fresh spinach, chopped
- ½ c onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ c bacon, cooked and shredded
- ½ c feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 large organic eggs
- ½ c skim milk
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly coat pie plate with cooking spray.
- Place pie crust in pie plate.
- Sauté the spinach and onion in a teaspoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place spinach, bacon, feta, and onion in the middle of the pie crust.
- In a bowl, lightly whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Pour eggs into the pie crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow quiche to stand for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve.