How to make Shrimp and Vegetable Pasta
For the past 25 years we’ve been cooking up this light and colorful heart-healthy dish. The combination of flavors over pasta makes this an easy family dinner. Make it your own with other protein options like chicken, tofu, or scallops.
- ½ c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 c mixed peppers, chopped
- 1 c spinach
- ½ c sun dried tomatoes, julienned
- ½ c kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 Tablespoons basil pesto
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 lb farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 1 lb shrimp, thawed, peeled, and deveined
- ½ c pecorino romano cheese, grated
- In a large sauté pan, warm 1/4 c of olive oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook until garlic and onion are tender.
- Place all vegetables in a medium mixing bowl. Add the remaining extra virgin olive oil, 2 T of pesto, fresh ground pepper and sea salt. Mix and coat fresh vegetables evenly.
- Add vegetables to sauté pan. Cook on medium-high heat. Stir frequently until all vegetables are tender (approx. 8-10 minutes).
- While vegetables are cooking, prepare pasta and drain.
- In a medium sauté pan, cook shrimp in 2 T olive oil over medium heat until outer edges are golden brown.
- Add shrimp to vegetables. Sauté for 2-3 min.
- Place pasta in a large bowl. Top with vegetables and shrimp.
- Place pasta in a serving large bowl. Top with vegetables, shrimp, and cheese. Serve and enjoy!