How to make Strawberry Banana Oat Pancakes
Breakfast is our favorite meal of the day. Therefore, I’m super excited to share a nutrient-dense pancake recipe with you. I was inspired by a restaurant in Los Angeles to create a recipe for nutritious pancakes. I couldn’t resist adding my usual go-to heart-healthy ingredients. I included oats, chia seeds, and flax meal for additional protein, fiber, and omega-3’s. Our scrumptious pancakes can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for 2 weeks.
- ½ c whole-wheat flour or gluten-free flour
- ¾ c old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ c almond milk, unsweetened vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon flax meal
- 4-5 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 100% real maple syrup, to taste
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, add the first 10 ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Heat griddle on medium and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Pour ¼ c of batter per pancake onto griddle. Add a few slices of bananas and strawberries prior to flipping (cook 2-3 minutes on each side).
- Top with leftover banana and strawberry slices.
- Lightly drizzle with maple syrup and serve.