Chewy Gluten-Free /Nut-Free /Dairy-Free Granola Bars
Chewy Gluten-Free/Nut-free/Dairy-Free Granola Bars
In addition to gluten sensitivity and celiac disease, some of my clients have either nut and/or dairy allergies too. While there are many products on grocery store shelves that cater to people with food allergies, I wanted to develop an easy recipe that’s homemade, simple, delicious, and nutritious. Even better, they can be packaged at home and travel well. They’re perfect for breakfast or as snack on-the-go. I hope you enjoy these as much as we do.
- ½ c sunbutter, creamy
- 1 medium banana
- ¼ c dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ c gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ c dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 inch pan or bread pan with gluten-free, no-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium-mixing bowl, combine sunbutter, banana, sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla.
3. Add remaining ingredients until they are combined evenly.
4. Press the mixture firmly into baking pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
~Happy Healthy Eating!